Quilting, Quilting, Quilting!!!
In July, Travis' mom, Bonnie, and sister, Jessica, came for a visit. While they were here we had a marathon quilting week. In just 5 days we sewed together 3 queen size quilts! For anyone who doesn't sew, that's amazing. For anyone who does sew, that's amazing. The quilts were a project that Bonnie has been wanting to do for many years. The quilts were made from Glenn's (Travis' dad) shirts and handkerchiefs. The quilts turned out amazing!
This is a just one of the quilts. Below is a closer view of one of the squares.
It was quite the group effort. Bonnie carried her sewing machine on the plane with her. So once we got going she and I were facing each other at the dining room table, each with our own machine while Jessica sat at the ironing board ironing the seams as we finished rows.
Now that is done, I am feeling pretty guilty that I haven't started my "Block of the Month" quilt that began in March. Better log off and get to work!
3 comments:
Amazing... totally amazing!! The quilts are amazing and so many memories looking at the blocks of Glenn's shirts. You all did an awesome job! Sewing?! Hats off to all of you!!!
Definitely memories sewing the quilts. Thank you so much for designing and helping get them sewn. Love your new blog!
I am so happy to finally see the pictures of those quilts! They look amazing! Tell Bonnie and the girls they did awesome!
Post a Comment